Gergeti

Gergeti

sobota, 16 kwietnia 2016

Day 9. Mestia - the FLIGHT

Friday, 29.05.2015

* Organisational details on the bottom of the page

time: 2:00  p.m 

Boarding the plane - reminds getting on the bus with two engines on the sides. Each of us wanted to sit by the window, so we spread around the plane. Time to fasten the seatbelts and count down...
What emotions... excitement, slight fear, disbelief, joy, pride, happiness, gratitude... in addition natural reaction of the body; rapid heartbeat, tremors, tension, all the feelings reached the top point! Absolutely amazing!
The engines started! "Here we go!" With big smiles, we looked out of the window, peeked at the other passengers, at each other and exchanged the "last" sentences:
- "Girls, the plane is moving!"
- "It's really happening!"
- "And I did not say anything to my family that we would be flying over the Caucasus! They do not know... but when I tell them..." - I said to the girls.
Exchange of the "last" sentences... "the last" because later, there was no way to say anything and it was not because of the noise of the engines, but due to the views that we could see. They did not allow to turn the head away! The fields, valleys and green mountains changing into the white peaks...

It is impossible to describe the impression these views made... I thought: "I can see it with my own eyes! I'm so lucky...  Flying next to the white peaks, seeing them so close, these magnificent mountains of 4000 m, just next to me, over my window, almost at my fingertips... "
This was flying not over the mountains, but between them.

60 minutes of "full-mode" emotions!
Let the pictures show a little bit of what we saw through the windows of our plane!










At one point I turned my head from the window and I saw one pilot on the left side was taking pictures with his mobile! - Well, certainly he had even better views from his windshield! Haha, A pity he didn't have a SLR camera! (Nikon or Canon )
After the flight we exchanged our impressions and Klaudia, who was sitting on the other side of the plane, also saw the pilot on the right side was taking pictures! (There was only narrow wall separating the cockpit from the cabin.) 
- "Well, apparently they both flew for the first time!" - we laughed heartily.

Cockpit. Is the pilot taking pictures? ;)

Michelle slightly dampened down our enthusiasm saying that she was sleeping the whole flight...
- "NOOO!!! MICHELLE !!! Do not even joke like this !!!
- "But seriously! I was so sleepy, probably due to the sun at the pool... "
- "NOOO !!! Please tell me that's not true!"- I lamented. "I do not believe you!"- I waited for her to admit that this was a joke. As we were in the plane I could not see her at the back of the cabin. "How could you?! Michelle, I just experienced one of the greatest excitement in my life and you slept it?!"
- I criticized her, half jokingly, half seriously - "Well... You'll have to take this plane again! But still, I will not forget you this!"

After landing, one service man unpacked our bags and put them next to the plane. Not being able to wear my heavy backpack in an upright position I sat down on the asphalt and wore the braces, fastened the belt and the girls helped me to get up by pulling my hands. The service men found it so funny that they started to laugh loud, so did we.
Michelle perfectly summed up the whole situation:
- "Bravo Magda! you made a Svanetian highlander laugh!" 
Haha right! It was great success. Previously, we were told that Svanetia region is the most beautiful in Georgia but the people there are very strict, serious and closed - quite different from Georgians. "Highlanders - this type of people is like that" - we said. However, I did it! I made the most serious man type laugh! 

We did it! We flew to Mestia over the Caucasus!

We were so impressed by the flight that we had to wait for a while before we went on...
- "Let's calm down a little."
And soon we continued with exploring the magical Mestia!



*** Organisational Details of the Flight***

Flight Natakhtari ( nearby Tbilisi) to Mestia - organized by the airline Serviceair
Company: Vanilla Sky
5 Vazha Pshavela Avenue, Tbilisi
T. (+995 32)  2 427 427
Mob. (+995 599) 65 90 99
E-mail : mari@vanillasky.ge
www.vanillasky.ge

- Airplane: LET - 410 UVP
- Schedule: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 
- Natakhtari - Mestia time: 11:00 a.m
- Mestia - Natakhtari time: 1:00 p.m
- Flight duration: 1 hour
- Price: adults 65 GEL / children (3-12 years old) 45.50 GEL /  1 way, transfer from Tbilisi included in price, payment by cash 2-3 days before the flight, bank transfer -7 days
- In case of bad weather conditions, changing flight for the next day or cancellation with the full refund
- Baggage allowance 15 kg / person

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz